Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Will wonders never cease?

I got an email from S's SERT this morning - wanting to let me know that she was going to do her best to ensure that S has a good 'transitional' year - year between elementary school and high school. She also wanted to get some information about the series of events that unfolded at the end of the school year when she was on jury duty.
The strangest of all - she sent that email at about 11 o'clock at night.

I am going to call the new Principal this morning to go over some things. I have resolved that S will not have an underqualified EA this year. There has to be one SOMEWHERE in this Board that has the qualifications the doctor so clearly defined. I want that EA in our school.
~~
I've been up since 5:30 this morning. Too much going on in this head of mine. Between work and the looming first day of school, my stomach is just in knots.
S deserves to have a good year at school. He really truly does. In my reply email to the SERT, I indicated that neither of my sons will ever "look fondly back at their years in elementary school."
How sad it that? 10 years they spent at that school, and neither will have any positive memories. I don't know that things would have been different had we changed schools... and it's too late now to ponder that. Of course, Mommy guilt will always make me wonder...

No comments: