Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blogging, the Internet, random musings...

I just realized that my "One year blogging" anniversary is coming up. Since I started my blog last August, I have made over 260 posts, and since November, there have been over 2,300 people look (and hopefully read) my blog. That's pretty cool, I think. The Internet has given us such a great way to meet and connect in a way that just would not have been possible in the past. A very good and helpful tool, no doubt. But, as with 'real' life, a tool that can be abused in the worst way.

I am so glad my sons are both quite computer savvy, and very cautious while online. The A-man noticed that I have quite a number of friends on Facebook and his one question to me was, "Do you know all of those people personally, Mom?" I think he was a little surprised when I told him, "Yes, I do." (Mind you, some of them I haven't seen since we were 8 years old, but back in the 70's, we were TIGHT!)

Like blogging, Facebook is another way to get in touch with people, to see where life's roads have taken them... I love doing the whole "catch up" thing when I get a new friend on Facebook. Then I look over the pictures they have posted, and that is pretty much it for contact with them. Still, it is nice to be able to see how others look - and to compare your age lines with theirs... (I look MUCH younger than most, if I do say so myself! ;o) ) Funny thing is, though, most of these people still look the same as they did when I last saw them. Of course, hair styles and clothing is different, but I would be able to look at them now without anyone telling me their names, and I am pretty sure I would be able to name at least 90% of them.

--------

Do you remember last week how I mentioned that we were using the storage cabinet in the R-man's old bedroom for storing various items? I am astounded at how much room this cabinet has! I mean, I knew there were lots of drawers and cupboards, but as I purge and clean areas, then store things in that cabinet, I am left wondering, "Wow, is there still room?" And there is!
I am such a pack rat. I'm getting better, but I do think it's a sickness. My mom is the most organized pack rat I have ever seen, and I do come by it honestly, but I will admit that it did feel good to just get rid of all that STUFF we don't use any more.
Now that I can get back in to the crawl space under the foyer - this space is well over 100 square feet - I can get all of the Christmas items organized in such a way that I won't be scrambling next December when I am looking for things. And here is a crazy concept that I think Hubby has never heard of before - the entire space will be organized! Crazy but true...

----------

I stayed home from work again today. I was feeling better than yesterday, but still not 100%, and knew that my foggy brain just would not function at the level I am used to. I don't think Boss was very happy about it, but what can you do? I will be back in the office for sure tomorrow and it just makes more sense for me to rest up today so that I will be effective when I am in. Used some of the time today to putter in the kitchen and get all of that tidied up, and then I reorganized my closest with some new hooks for my purses and belts. Didn't tackle the shoe boxes though - couldn't imagine doing too much bending over with a stuffy head...

-------

And my final thought for today: One of my favourite quotes! Oscar Wilde said it best when he said, "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."
My goal in life is meet the first half of that quote!

1 comment:

L. Espenmiller said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Good for you for taking another day off from work. I hear you about not being effective when one's head is all stuffed up. I'm the same way.

Congrats on all the "stuff" purging - it will create harmony and good energy in your home. :-)