Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ramblings and updates

Guess what I did last night?! I drove a front-load tractor! Yup… and I moved the bucket both up and down, I even dumped it. I DROVE the tractor – both forward and reverse – and I didn’t do too badly. Such a renaissance girl, I am… ;o)
(Hubby and I were trying to get the pool’s sand pad totally level, and it got to the point that Hubby was simply shoveling the sand into the low areas, so after he brought the tractor over and was starting to move around the pool area, someone had to bring the tractor to him. I was that someone.)

Yesterday morning I called Hubby at work and gave him heck for being so miserable with me when I got home the night before. He apologized, naturally, and then last night we were sort of having a follow up conversation about it and he confessed that he had planned on calling me about 10 minutes after I had called him. He didn’t know what time I got going in the morning and knew he didn’t want to wake me. All is forgiven.

Hubby and the boys are going to be away next week for Hubby’s final week of summer holidays. Oh, woe is me – whatever will I do with my entire family away for a whole week??
I’m sure I will working a bit later each night, and then spend my evenings getting the house whipped back in to shape. There is bound to be a night of back to school shopping/organizing, and I’m hoping to have at least one night that I can visit with friends. My bet is that next week is going to fly by on me.

Have I mentioned that the A-man, S and I are going to be participants in an educational DVD about ADHD? I was contacted via email a few weeks back, asking if I would consider helping this marketing company produce a DVD that would educate both doctors and teachers about ADHD. A pharmaceutical company has hired the marketing firm - not to push their particular medication – but to be an information tool. They are going to interview parents, adults with ADHD, adolescents with ADHD and children with ADHD. I got a phone call this morning from the producer of the DVD and they are going to come to our home to do the interviews. Should be interesting to see how the boys behave in front of the camera.

Tonight is the night Hubby and I go on our anniversary date! We are celebrating our 18th anniversary (which is on Monday, when he is away), and also the changes at work that will happen for Hubby when he returns from holidays. I have a new dress that I am going to wear, and I think I may even leave work a little early so that I can primp myself for the night. I’m looking forward to it! Thai food... alone with Hubby... being big people on a date.

And again I am left wondering - when did I suddenly become a grown up?

No comments: