Monday, December 10, 2007

Yesterday and last night

I will try and load a few pictures from the Christmas party we went to yesterday. The system was quite slow yesterday...

Okay...so, this is two of the 4 stray kittens we have living under our shed. I noticed they were heading back 'home' just as we were leaving for the party. The black one has been dubbed "Skinny Dude" by the A-man, and the orange one is Puss, I think.

We arrived at the party around 2 pm. This is held on the arena floor, but the entire concourse is also games and activities for the kids. We passed karaoke machines, virtual hockey games, car races, face painting, cookie decorating...and then there were the 'rides' in the centre of the arena on the ice surface.
The company does not hold back for the kid's party, that is for sure.
I've tried to get a couple more on here, but it's jst not working! I think I will try again on my other computer later - the laptop doesn't always have the highest of connections.
After the party, Hubby and S and I went Christmas shopping. S had about 8 people on his list, and he was able to get quite a few things. I think it's great that he thinks of so many others, and wants to buy things for them. I was able to squeeze in a few more things, too.
After supper, it was History project time. S claimed he was done the section he needed to work on for the weekend, but when I looked it over, it was quite obvious that he just skimmed the book and just pulled what he thought was the correct answers. After I READ the book to him, he realized his answers weren't correct. So, together, we modified his answers. I say "together" because the voice to text part of his laptop is still not functioning, so I was his scribe when it came to the longer written sections.
I then showed him a way to have both a 'working' draft of each question, and then how to start putting it all together in to the final draft. He will need a cover page, and a table of contents... all of that can be started even before he is done the project. It was great to see this little light of dawning come across his face when he saw what I was suggesting. I think I may see him use this idea in the future!
And so, life is back to normal once again. Boss is back from his conference some time today, so there will be buzz about the office. The storms seem to have abated for a while...and hubby is on the afternoon shift again!

1 comment:

SIG said...

Oh gosh, my girl would love all those bouncy castles, and activities. She'll go nuts there.