Saturday, December 8, 2007

Not a photo journal today

Apparently my idea of a photo-shoot/outside play is not being well-recieved by my children today. They have alternative plans. WhatEVER. I will get a few on here, this I know, and promise.

My mom and I are going to go to the city today. We are going to a cosmetic sale, then we are going to stop by Cuz's house to see the patient. Apparently he has been quite grumpy with the limitations that have been placed on him, but when you have blood clots (yes, as in, "more than one") in your heart, the doctors feel it's quite serious, and make you limit a number of things. Salt, fluid intake...all the fun stuff. Since there are 2 clots, he can't have the defibulator put in place, so now he is on a ton of medications to try and break up the clots. Blood thinners, that sort of thing.
It's incredible to think that a healthy, active man, with no history of heart problems can be going through all of this. And he's only 52! The doctor says he sees this sort of thing all the time. This has convinced Cuz and I that it really does not matter what you do - when your time it up, it's up. Look at Blinky.
So, again, LIVE YOUR LIFE people! Do what you want to do - when you can. I was planning on doing some housework and paperwork today. When my mom suggested this impromtu road trip, I declined at first. "Too much to do..." Then, I thought..."You know what, that housework will be here tomorrow (or the next day)... that paperwork won't do itself...it will wait...but the opportunity to see them is here. Now"... and, so, I am going.
---------
Talked to the principal yesterday. I had called to follow up on the discussion we had about the inappropriate comment made by the EA. Apparently he has not talked to her about it. He said, again, that he felt it was a "heat of the moment" thing, and I disagreed with him. I told him that I felt it was a deliberate gesture on her part - meant to punish and upset S.
He said he will address it with her, but didn't give me a time frame as to when that would happen. I guess my conversation with him on Monday it was a bit of lip service to keep me happy. He has assured me that he is monitoring the situation, making sure the trust level between S and Mrs. A is still there...that sort of thing. Blah, blah, blah... (sigh) When will I learn?


S is going to be participting in a Christmas Concert on Wednesday night. He is very excited about it - I have been hearing about the practises every day. He is started to rev up more and more about the holiday. The build up is almost too much for him, sometimes, I think. He is still so cute about it all.
He wants to believe, but he's at that age where he is questioning... I wish they could stay in that "believe" state for so much longer. Heck, I wish I could still be there. The whole idea of a total stranger wanting to shower people with gifts...I wish more and more people had that spirit.

We adopted one family for Christmas this year...the donation of $$ was all that was needed, but it just doesn't seem like enough. The year that we bought the gifts for the children and the mom, plus provided everything for a 'traditional' Christmas meal...I think that was the year Hubby and I remember the best, and with the fondest of memories. That year, that mom was so surprised and grateful. She had not gone through an agency - we just took it upon ourselves to do what we could for her. I think we may do the same again this year. This is something we have done a few different times, and every time we have felt an amazing sense of joy and happiness over the holiday.
I have one lady in mind. She has 4 children with a very limited income. We will have to do it annoymously, though. She is far too hard-headed to accept it if we just arrived at her house. I'm not sure how we will proceed. Hubby and I have a few ideas we are working on.
THAT is what Christmas needs to be about. This years the boys will be active participants in our "adopted family's" Christmas. They need to realize how fortunate they are. They know they are more fortunate than some, but I often wonder if they really 'get it.'
I think they do. I know I sure do.

Till next time...

No comments: