Monday, December 3, 2007

A matter of perspective...

This morning, around 7:30, I received a very distressing phone call from my mom. A very close friend has passed away. She was not ill - to my knowledge - and had not been in hospital. She went in her sleep, which I guess is a blessing, but hearing news so sad and heartbreaking just helps put things in perspective.
The day to day "stuff" is often times just that - stuff. The things that really matter - love, and happiness, and health - are what has just been brought in to the proper perspective for me.
My cousin will be going to an angiplast today. Cuz was very shell-shocked when they received that news on Friday. Depending on the results of this test, my cousin may be needing a heart transplant. I will be waiting close by the phone to hear from her later today.

Yeah - perspective is what I have been missing this past weekend. THESE things are important. An EA that may not know her job, in the grand scheme of life, is not a big deal, and I had better learn to stop sweating these things. (which is what hubby has been telling me all weekend...)

Hug those close to you. Never miss the chance to tell them you love them. And don't take the chance to think you can do it "later." That said, I am not going to work today - freezing rain and snowsqualls. I am not going to risk it. There is nothing in that office that is that important.

2 comments:

SIG said...

Very sorry to hear that. But glad that you have sorted out your thinking. Everything happens for a reason. Nothing is more important than living a happy life with the people you love.

Jori said...

You are right, of course. I love my sons so much - it just hurts me SO much to see them hurting. We will get through this - we always do! ;o)