Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Concert

S and I went to his school's Christmas concert last night. He has been so excited about it all this week. I've heard about every single rehearsal, every single skit... so, needless to say, he was just pinging off the walls by the time I got home from work last night.
Funny thing about the school concert - even though he attends a Catholic school, very few of the skits actually focused on what Christmas is really about. The littlest ones - Junior Kindergarten - sang "Away in the Manger" and there were a few that maybe mention Jesus' birth (maybe), but for the most part it was just.... fun. I really don't understand why the public schools aren't allowed to have Christmas concerts anymore. Well, I guess some of them just have concerts, and the songs and skits are based on popular songs or things. Anyway, I just found it strange.
The A-man opted not to come to the concert with us last night. S told me on the way to the school that the A-man has sworn he will never set foot in that school EVER again. I guess to say he really didn't like his time there would be an understatement.

S handed in his history project yesterday, and got his mark back already. He was happy to have received an A on it. I was a little surprised, truth be told. I mean, I am thrilled that he got a good mark, but.... well, maybe I just don't know what the curriculum is really wanting. I have started to realize that.

I have an IPRC meeting late this morning. The EA has been invited to attend the meeting, but when I told the SERT the latest, she was not very impressed (to say the least) and asked if I still wanted the EA in attendence. She will be there.
On the up side of that nonsense - her 'factured' thumb no longer requires a splint of any sort. S told me last night - "She's all better, Mom." Hmmm...when I fractured my wrist last winter, I needed 6 weeks in a cast, then a couple months of therapy... interesting....

No comments: