Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Still snowing

There is a snow drift on my deck that is actually above my waist. Now, all the snow on the deck isn't that deep, it's just the way the snow blew off the roof and around the deck. (And for those of you that are thinking "Well, that's not too much - she's short..." I stick my tongue out at you!) :o)~
The drift is deep. I have tried to take a picture, but the depth perception just doesn't quite work in a picture.
Today is (yet) another snow day. I am going to go in to work today, though. The winds have died down enough that I think it should be fine. Yesterday I couldn't see the cars on the highway. That is always my gauge for the winds. Today, as I look out through the trees and to the horizon, I can see the headlights moving along. They are moving a wee bit slower than normal, but at least I can see them.
I'm sure the boys will be happy - I will now be able to get to the grocery store. We ran out of milk last night, we are low on bread, and have no lunch meats... Time to restock the "just in case" supplies. Again, I ask, "Why do I live in Canada in the winter?"

Talk to the Principal yesterday regarding the comment the EA made to S. He is going to speak with her about it. He agreed with me that it was inappropriate, but he also felt it was likely said in the heat of the moment. I explained that I realized that, however, it was still not a professional thing to say/do, and it needed to be addressed. I felt like a big weight had been lifted after my conversation with him. S seems to have been able to use these extra days off to get himself back to his normal self, and he is no longer complaining of the butterflies being sick in his tummy.

Going to stop on my way home to pick up some garland. New store not far from work actually braids their own triple blend of evergreen branches, then sells them in 25 foot lengths. I'm going to put them around the bannisters tonight, and then once the mantle place in the basement is done, I'm going to do down there, too. Decorating both floors this year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jorie,

I am not trying to rain on your parade nor do I want to make a mountain out of a molehill...but

Please don't dismiss what happened to S. I am very glad that the principal agreed and will discuss it however I think it should still be brought up at the IPRC meeting. As a parent, you expect and should always receive professionalism from the EA. Sometimes, and I know it happens alot at schools because I see it all the time, the EA's AND teacher's can say a whole lot of stupid things. We all need to be reminded that this is our job and we should act and speak accordingly. There is no excuse to harm anyone. There should be no "heat of the moments" because this is S's condition and she should ALWAYS be aware of that.

VAL

SIG said...

Hey, I want to see pictures when done ya?