Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekend of endings...

Another weekend show - done. Thankfully.

Friday - rained. Saturday morning - misty rain, then rest of day was beautiful. Sunday - rained all morning and into afternoon. What a weekend to be participating in an outdoor event...
When we arrived to our booth this morning, I discovered our booth had been vandalized. It was a terrible feeling to see everything strewn about. Although it's not the same as a home being broken in to, I can certainly understand how a person would simply feel angry at having a stranger go through your things. Fortunately we don't keep anything of any real value in our booth - marketing literature isn't really something vandals go for. They showed their dissatisfaction by dumping bins, tossing papers and (for whatever reason) tossing ballots around the area. What a great way to start the day. In the rain.
Overall, I think the show went well, though. We had a chance to meet some really nice people, and we had some fun. I'm sure this will be an event we will particpate in again.

My aunt passed away this morning. We knew it was just a matter of time, but when Hubby called me with the news this morning, it still felt like a blow to the solar plex.
Called my Mom right after speaking with Hubby. She seemed to be okay, but she is in the city now and will be going with my cousin to make the final funeral arrangements. Most things had been taken care of a while ago, but I'm sure it will be a very difficult day for both of them tomorrow.
I haven't cried yet, but I know I will when I see my other family members. I don't know how my aunt's partner will be, either. He was aware of how sick she was, but he has been quite ill for the last couple of years and she was the primary care giver to him. He is going to be lost without her - we all figure it is just a matter of time for him now. So sad.
When I talked to my Mom this afternoon, it appeared the funeral would be on Wednesday, but I guess we will know more after they meet with the funeral directors in the morning.

My brother left for Afganistan on Saturday morning. He had been home from his last tour for exactly one year and four days. I know the military likes to give a one-year time between leaves, but only waiting 4 extra days just doesn't seem right to me. I don't even know if he knows about my aunt yet or not. Will talk to SIL tomorrow when I return home.

Feeling sleepy now... off to bed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jorie,
I need some advice from you. Knowing as much as you do regarding the disabilities of both your children, would you reccommend alternative treatmeats? Do you think alternative treatments such as vitamin supplementations, diet and exercise could help? I am a mom who has had some serious red flags raised infront of her regarding one of my children. At this point, there has been no official diagnosis, but everything seems to point to a GAD.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
LEV