Thursday, September 18, 2008

Homework, business, funny dog...

I was helping S with his History homework tonight. As I was sitting there, reading the information to him from the text book, then acting as scribe for the essay-type answers that were required, I was sitting there wondering, "Why did the school provide S with a laptop that does all this stuff if they aren't going to send it home with him?"

I have put a note in his agenda indicating that I would like to see the text book scanned into the computer and that the computer comes home with him when he has any homework. I will also be sending an email to the SERT letting her know that the computer has only been home a total of ONE TIME since the start of the school year. (He's in Grade 8 - big year. Think he should have the 'essential' equipment a little more often...)

Been a bit of a crazy week for me. Training the new assistant is going well. After three days, I told Boss that I feel much more postive about this one than I did the one we had hired last year. He agreed. Worked overtime a couple nights this week, just to make sure advertisements were delivered to publications on time, approvals were received, that sort of thing. Plus I have been trying to get myself in to my fitness classes on a regular basis. No wonder I'm beat and looking forward to the weekend.

We are going to the cottage this weekend. I was actually really looking forward to a weekend at home with nothing going on, but my Dad needs help getting the boat out of the water. This will be the last time we go up this year. We may spend a night there during the Christmas holidays, but I would say that when we leave on Sunday, we won't be back until May. This summer went by WAY too quickly.

Speaking of time passing quickly; I realized today that I have something going on every single weekend between now and the start of November! Some of it is work related, some is not, but every. single. weekend. I'm tired.

~~~
I've mentioned my "dumb beagle" on here a few times, I'm sure. Well, here is a link to a YouTube video that will show you a "not so dumb beagle!" It's something to see, that is for sure.

No comments: