Thursday, September 11, 2008

Better morning. Only slightly though

For the third day in a row, I have found myself getting angry with S because he just won't get out of bed!
This morning, though, when I went in to his room to get him up, I woke him with a glass of water and his medications in my hand. I thought that if I got the ADHD medication in to him right away, maybe the rest of the morning would go a little smoother than normal. After he actually got up, it did go better.
That's the trick - get the meds in to the body as soon as they wake up. (Will repeat this step for sure.)

Hubby had the task of making sure S completed his homework last night. It was Science, I do believe. S brought his laptop home for the first time this year, too. He told me that his scanner still isn't working, but the principal and the SERT have both assured him that it will be working within the week.

Had a note in the agenda from the EA the other day about S needing certain things for his French class. Part of the note was crossed off by the SERT asking me to send her an email about this.
The SERT is trying to introduce a Social Skills class to the school, and the class would replace the French class. To date, she hasn't been able to get everything finalized for the class, but the SERT has informed the French teacher of the possible exemption, so I guess they have worked out an accommodated program for S. Again - what a crazy concept. Why didn't I ever think of that in the past?

Oh, that's right - I did. And the teacher refused to have anything to do with any accommodations. Gee, I'm really going to miss that teacher...

The A-man is still really enjoying his Hospitality and Tourism course. He hasn't really said much about the other classes, other than to complain about having a History project assigned on the second day of school. Project is due tomorrow, but he claims he turned it in on Tuesday. I really wish he had let me see the end result before he turned it in. (He needs a bit of assistance with his proof-reading...)
I know I need to let go a bit on the follow up, but I've had to do it for so long, it's a tough one for me to do. I don't want to tell him how to DO the work - I just want to be able to ensure it's his BEST work. (Okay, okay - I hear you... let him turn it in and deal with the consequences. It's just really hard to do that!!)

Had flowers delivered to the office for me yesterday. Pretty autumn coloured centre piece. Jazzy's mom and I met for lunch today, and she gave me a bouquet of sunflowers. I feel so loved. :o)

Cuz gave me the cutest kettle I have ever seen! I will be taking some pictures tonight and should be able to get them on here in a while. I love days that are "all about me!!"

No comments: