Friday, May 2, 2008

Musing

There was a lady at my ADHD meeting the other night that just made me want to hug her. She’s a slight, wee Irish lady, coping with two sons (aged 10 and 8) that have WAY more on their little plates than any child should ever have to deal with.
Her eldest son has ADHD, ODD, Tourettes, and depression, plus the doctor is thinking he may have bi-polar disorder, but it is still too young to know for sure. Her youngest son deals with ADHD, ODD, OCD, anxiety, and is also exhibiting signs of bi-polar.

I’ve always been a believer that we are never given more than we can handle, but wow - this lady must have very broad shoulders to be able to cope with all of this in just two children!
Just goes to show you that no matter how much you are dealing with, how much stress you have in your life, there is always someone out there with WAY more on their plate. She is a pillar of strength, and I admire her. I hope she continues to come to our meetings, because she is still so new to the Ontario education system, and if she can get any assistance, it would be nice to know that our little group may be able to help with that.

Very grey day today. Raining and just… grey. My joints are giving me a bit of grief today, and I must have pulled something last night in my sleep because I can’t move my head fully to the right without having a big twinge in my neck. See, I am now the mother of two teens, and I am falling apart!

No comments: