Sunday, May 4, 2008

Get up and go

I awoke this morning to very loud video game discussions. I went downstairs and asked the boys to be quiet, but it didn't seem to sink in. I decided it was best for me to just get up, feed them, and hope that the lack of hunger would ease the sound of the noisy beast.
They feasted on pancakes with white chocolate chips and bananas, and afterwards decided to go outside and play on the trampoline. This is about the time they woke up Hubby.
It's a nice sunny day - I told Hubby that they did us both a favour, because now we can get all kinds of things done today. He didn't look very impressed.

I am planning on getting out in to the garden today. I still have many flower beds that require attention, but I think I'm going to focus on the veggie garden today. I want to put in the lettuce, radishes and carrots that I bought a couple of weekends ago when I was at Cuz's house. I also have potatoes that I would like to get in to the ground, as well. Now, best intentions don't always work, but I will do as much as I can in the time given.

I will be taking the boys home after lunch, and then Hubby's parents are supposed to be stopping by to see the Birthday boy, so I am not going to have a whole lot of 'dirt therapy' today. But, some therapy is better than none!

No comments: