Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Good night last night

Last night, I felt like I got a lot accomplished. When I went to bed, I was tired, but I was also pleased with how my evening had gone.

I actually got home about an hour later than usual. The R-man was back, and in the kitchen making himself a sandwich for dinner. I prepared dinner for myself and the boys. Clean up was fast, and smooth, and done before I knew it.
Taxes - all done and all filed!
Laundry - all caught up again. I am still totally in love with my new front loader. I can not believe how much MORE that machine gets in to it! It cuts the number of loads by half, at least. So, I'm not using as much water for each load, nor am I draining the well as often as before! Loving it...

Neither of the boys had homework last night, so they did their best to just stay quiet. See, if they start fighting, I 'remember' them, and then put them to work. If they are not making any noise, I go about my evening and forget they are there. (teenage logic...)

I am going to have coffee with a friend tonight, but I am also hoping to get some things done for an event I am organizing for the ADHD group. It's hard, sometimes, to get all of the things required in one day, and still take the time for yourself.
Going to my friends for coffee isn't something that I have to do - I often feel guilty when I do that - but it is quality time, with a very dear friend, and I need to do that (for myself) too. I will get over the guilt.

Hopefully the homework expectations are light again this evening...

No comments: