Thursday, May 15, 2008

A 'me' morning... ??

I had a very hard time getting out of bed this morning. My alarm went off, and I couldn’t even get out of bed to hit the snooze button. The A-man was just coming out of the shower, and as he was heading in to his room, he came in to mine, and pushed snooze for me! (Such a considerate young man…)
When the alarm went off again, I was able to get up and switch it over to the radio – I often listen to the news before I get up and face the day. Well, I listened to the news, and then I guess I feel back asleep, because the next thing I knew, I was hearing the news again – and it was a half hour later!
A few years ago, that would have been the start of a disastrous morning, but I am happy to say that is no longer the case. Both boys were up and dressed for school. The A-man had packed his lunch, and taken the dog out. S was dressed, and was actually brushing his teeth when I passed by their bathroom. (That never happens without much prompting from mother.)

What a very peaceful way to start the day. When I entered the kitchen, I was able to load up the remaining breakfast dishes and glasses while my water was warming for tea. I didn’t have to scramble to make a lunch for S – it’s pizza day and he was going to have that instead of a sandwich. He had packed his other snacks in to his backpack already, so my services were not required for that, either.

I had a “all about me” morning! Made MY tea, made my breakfast, read the paper…and the boys just did what they needed to do, when it needed to be done.

I am not used to this. I am still in shock.

No comments: