Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Upcoming events...

The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. Hubby has been on the afternoon shift, and I have been busy every single night of the week and each weekend. The next couple of weeks, with events planned only for weekends is going to be a nice change of pace.

Last weekend I was in Montreal. Although it is a very long drive (about 7 hours with breaks), it was a great weekend, and a lot of fun. Always good to have fun when you are working, I think; makes the job easier.

This week I have only fitness classes on my calendar. Well, that and a baking night tonight with The A-man. He has joined the Green Club at the school and they are having a fund-raising bake sale on Thursday, so tonight we are going to make apple muffins and cookie pizza. I might try and squeeze in a couple of pies for Thanksgiving weekend, too.

This coming weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving; both boys have yet another PA day on the Friday.

Saturday night we are hosting a blind wine-tasting event. Jazzy’s parents and another couple will be coming over. Each couple is responsible for bringing a bottle of white and a bottle of red from a certain region. We will cover the bottles so that no one know which wine we are tasting, then we will make our tasting notes and decide which wine is the winner. My choice for this event is wine from California – the white will be a Sauvignon Blanc and the red will be Cabernet Sauvignon.
Now, none of us are particularly wine-savvy, but it should be a fun night. I’m going to visit the local cheese monger on Friday and put together some nice cheese plates to accompany the wines.

Sunday afternoon will be the day we celebrate Thanksgiving with Hubby’s family. My brother in law’s family will be attending, as will Hubby’s parents. I don’t think we will get to see my sister in law this time around, but I am sure we will see her soon. My brother (obviously) isn’t able to attend Thanksgiving this year, and I think his wife and kids are going to visit her family for the weekend. I’m not sure if my parents will be around or not; they had talked of closing the cottage this weekend.

Next weekend; Vegas! The four ladies from the “40 & Fabulous” post are going to be leaving for Vegas on Thursday night. We are scheduled to arrive around 11pm Vegas-time on Thursday. For the Friday evening we have booked tickets to see Le Cage au Folle. The Saturday will be a bit busier – we are going to The Price is Right – Live on Saturday afternoon then in the evening, Mr. Las Vegas himself; Wayne Newton! I also have requested that we have either dessert or high tea at the Bellagio, and I want to take a gondola ride and see the dolphins. I don’t think we are going to have enough time to do all that I want to do. Either that or I won’t be sleeping much. We leave Vegas on the Sunday night at 11pm and have a brief stopover in Winnipeg. I won’t be working on the Monday.

No comments: