Monday, October 20, 2008

Back to reality

Thursday's meeting with Boss went well. Pay structure that was offered was right within the amounts I was hoping it would be, plus there was an added bonus structure that I hadn't expected. Always nice.
I was also given a promotion with respect to the shows we run. Again, very cool; but not surprising. Flattering for sure, though.

Las Vegas was a total blast. I took so many pictures, and I can't wait to go through them on a bigger screen to find the best ones. I might even get Hubby to show me how to put together a little running video stream with the photos, subtitles and sound effects. (Hubby has the most interesting programs...)

Apparently S didn't do as well with my leaving as he had indicated at home; in S's agenda on Thursday afternoon was a note indicating that he had been acting up in school, and the EA asked if my trip was coming up. I couldn't answer because I was on my trip. He had a Science worksheet assigned on Thursday night and it was due today. S lied (or rather didn't offer) about having homework and didn't get it completed. I have had work on some it when he first got home and then he will finish the balance of it after supper tonight.
The A-man fared much better with respect to my going away, but he has never had the same concerns about my trips as S does.

Poor Hubby got a grouchy, tired wife coming in the door this afternoon. Our garbage and green bins didn't get picked up on Thursday as they were supposed to be, and when I pulled in to the driveway this afternoon and saw the bins and the garbage STILL sitting there, well, I was annoyed with both Hubby and the garbage man for not dealing with it. I'm pretty sure the person at the county office didn't like my phone call this afternoon. (It will be really bad if they don't pick it up tomorrow as they indicated they would.)

I did have a pretty good, solid sleep for the afternoon - red-eye flights are never good - and I'm happy to say that I think the boys will have a somewhat coherent, pleasant Mom for the evening. Dinner is baking in the oven and I'm going to just take it easy for the night.

No comments: