Thursday, October 16, 2008

Off again...

Boss and I have a lunch 'date' today. Review time... I sure hope I am able to get the raise amount that I have calculated. He knows I've been very patient with this, so hopefully he will make it worthy, you know?

The boys had a PA day last Friday, which gave them a four day weekend. The A-man was greatly annoyed that he had been assigned both History and Science homework "over a holiday." I told him to get used to it - that's life. I also suggested that he consider the Friday as a special work day, and if he got the homework all done that day, technically he wouldn't have homework on the holiday weekend. He didn't buy that.
By supper time on Monday, though, the A-man was finished all of him homework. I did ask him about it once over the weekend, but after that, I decided it was time to just let him schedule himself, and see where the chips fell. I'm proud of him - he did it.
Actually, it would appear he did it pretty well. Got an 84% on the History report, and hasn't yet received the Science back. I would think he did okay; he's a natural at Science.

S has become the General Manager of the boys' volleyball team at school. I guess his EA is a team coach, and in order to still coach the team during lunch and still do her job with S, she had to give him something to do to justify him being there. He's thrilled. The other day I gave him his money for a team shirt, and was so proud to come home and show it to all of us. It even has "GM" on the back where others would have a number. He'll be traveling to away games with the team, and I have reminded him that proper behaviour is a must at ALL events.
The first game is next Tuesday - a home game. I can tell that for S, having a 'special' job is such an esteem booster. He's such a great kid... I just wish other kids his age would be able to accept his quirkiness. Perhaps in time the Aspergers would be quite so pronounced and he will be better accepted by peers. Maturity - of both S and his peers - should also help...

I am all packed a ready to go on my birthday get-away with friends. My bags are packed and Sammy will be here around 4 this afternoon to head to the airport. The others will be meeting us there. Just checked the weather in Vegas, and it is supposed to be in the high 80's every day we are there. Nights a bit cooler (high 50's, low 60's), but I think we will be able to handle that. Certainly no frost to contend with!

Hubby and the boys will be participating in a trout derby this weekend. It's the big fund-raiser for the Fishing Club we belong to; the A-man will also be earning some volunteer hours over the weekend.

No comments: