Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October 1

HOW can it already be October? In my heart of hearts, I still feel like it should still be August. Where has the time gone?

Hubby is currently on the afternoon shift, and was on the afternoon shift last week as well. Last week, I had stuff going on every single night except Friday. The A-man made the comment that he had to cook dinner every night and he didn't like that responsibility. This statement was not quite true, but I am sure he felt like he was doing a lot more than usual. I was in bed on Friday night at 10 pm - the earliest of all week long.

Saturday was a friend's daughter's wedding. Sunday I went grocery shopping for the week and has asked the A-man if he could clean out the fridge while I was out. (I just meant go through and get rid of mostly-empty containers, that sort of thing.) He did clean out the fridge, but he also took the job one step further. He reorganized each shelf to make it "Proton Friendly" (or something to that effect.)
The A-man is taking a Hospitality and Tourism course, and they are required to learn all about safe kitchen standards, etc. He was very serious while explaining the theory behind my revamped fridge. He even wipe down all of the shelves and then mopped the floor afterward. (I know - I'm still wondering where my child is...)

Monday morning was not a good one for me. Quite simply, I think I was beat. I had gone in to work on Sunday afternoon, then Boss made dinner for Hubby and I - was another late night. I was very tired on Monday and the "cleaning of the fridge" left much mess/garbage in the kitchen that hadn't been cleaned up. I didn't take the messy kitchen very well.
Monday night - fitness class.
Tuesday, work in the morning, then off to the city for a wine event for work.
Wednesday, back from city to home to quickly put something in the slow cooker for dinner. Work, then dinner, then off to a board meeting.
Thursday night - dinner with "the girls."
Friday - off to Montreal for the weekend.

No wonder I am beat. I was actually very grateful that the event finished early(ish) last night and I was able to just have some downtime in my hotel room. I even watched more than one half-hour television show. (wild child, huh?)

My poor babies - they are missing me, too. I will make it up to them when I get home tonight and again tomorrow night.

No comments: