Saturday, October 25, 2008

Number 300

This is post number 300 on my blog. I've been blogging for about a year and a half now, and I'm amazed at how therapeutic I find it.

Maybe therapeutic isn't the right word...

I like having a way of recording the day to day happenings of our lives. It becomes especially helpful when trying to track a possible pattern with respect to S. Life with an Auspie (aka Auspergers) child is never predictable, but when you really keep track of things, it is incredible how patterns will emerge.

I started writing this blog on Saturday, and here it is Monday night as I am finishing it. I have written the whole thing once, and then when I went to publish the post, I got an error and lost it all! Arrggh.
I know what I will write now will probably be totally different from that of just a few minutes ago. It's amazing how I will just sit down at the computer, thinking I will blog about subject A, and the next thing I know, I've gone off to talk about B and C and just lightly touched on A. Kind of like how I have a conversation with a close friend - I'm just everywhere at one time.

On Saturday morning, as I was starting to type this post, we had some people stop by. Shortly after they left, Hubby and I got ready to head to the city for Cuz's Halloween/Birthday party for G. We left the city in pretty good time on Sunday, but on the way home we stopped by the pool place for some final close up details, etc. We got to my parent's (where the boys were staying) around mid-afternoon, and Mom and I went grocery shopping together. She invited us to stay for dinner, so that meant I went a whole weekend without having to prepare a single meal.
I couldn't have done better if I had tried!!

I always find it interesting to see which friends of mine will comment on things I have mentioned on this blog. I have a link to it on my Facebook page and yet I don't think very many people actually come over from there to see what I blog about.
I wish more of my friends blogged; it's a great way to keep current on their lives.

Sometimes I wish I had more people leave comments on my blog. I'm not really sure WHY I want to know when people are reading this; maybe I just want to know if it's only friends/family that are reading, or if someone looking for information about tourettes, aspergers or ADHD have actually found some information that is useful. Guess it doesn't really matter one way or the other.

Here is to Post #300. Thanks to all that read it; regardless of it you ever leave a comment or not. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy lives to read about our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are sooooo many times when I want to reply to alot of what you have said in your blog or simply just pour my heart to you, but then I think, why don't I just pick up the phone and call you. Then I realize that you are working and I shouldn't bother you. So here I am replying to your blog! I do read it and I do love it! I like to hear what things you go through in a day and yes, as a matter of fact, I also use it to learn more about the LDs that A and S have. One day you will have to teach me how to blog or face book or whatever that is so that we can keep in touch more often! Have a wonderful day!

Love L.E.V.

SIG said...

Congrats girlfriend ;) You know, not that many ppl leave comments in my blog too even though they read it. It is therapeutic cos it's like venting your frustrations etc without annoying anyone with it, like say hubby? ;P Oh I totally agree with you about the error thing, I hate it too. So now, I will save and save each time even though it says auto saved.