Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Never ending chores

I sure hope Hubby appreciates what I do for him.

Tonight I took the boys to find their costumes for Halloween. I thought we didn't have to 'do' Halloween anymore, but apparently I was mistaken. The A-man is planning on going to the school dance on Thursday night, but prior to the dance, the town hall is hosting a "night of the living dead" walk. The A-man wants to be a "Zombie Elvis" so we had to find something that would resemble that.
Of course, while we were looking for the A-man's costume, S started to get in to the items that were there. Now I will have two zombies in residence on Friday. One an Elvis zombie, the other a pajama-wearing zombie with "a really cool mask that totally looks like a real zombie". (Yeah, I didn't go there...)

After picking up the costume items, I stopped by the store to pick up a few items that would allow me to make the food requested by Hubby for his week away. Nothing like starting to make a couple of lasagnas and a pot of chili at 8:30 at night after working all day...

But, it is done. I have two lovely lasagna pans in the freezer, and a pot of chili in the slow cooker. I will leave a note for Hubby to turn off the slow cooker and put the chili in the container on the table, and he can stick that in the freezer so that it is ready to go with him on Saturday.
I had been planning on making all of this on Friday night but was informed that they have no freezers, so I had to make these items earlier in the week so that they had time to freeze solid and not thaw in the coolers too quickly.

Sheesh, the things I do for this man!! You'd think I loved him or something, wouldn't you??

1 comment:

SIG said...

So sad we have no halloween party this yr. Guess every one is busy but it's not a big thing here and even school this yr did not say to dress up. Needless to say, we are disappointed. :(