Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Not much happening

I went to the movies with 3 friends last night. We went to see the “Sex in the City” movie.
I am not one to watch much television, and as such never really watched this particular show. But when I was invited, I thought it would be nice to have a ‘girls night out’ so I agreed to go. Turns out only one of us had actually ever watched the show when it was on the air! (She cried through most of the movie, while the rest of us stayed dry eyed.) As we left the theatre, the three of us that had not watched the show all indicated that we thought we should start watching the reruns. I enjoyed the movie, and my night out.

When I got home from the movie, S was pretending to be asleep on the floor in his TV room. He likes to do this ‘pretend’ sleeping a lot lately. Most times I just ignore him and he eventually gets up and heads to his own room, but last night he seemed quite determined to stay ‘sleeping’ on the tile floor. I let him ‘sleep’ for a while.

The A-man had a big project due for phys-ed, and was very upset that he hadn’t been able to print it last night. I was able to correct that issue with one simple click – the default printer had been changed – and suddenly I was “Wonder Mom”. I love still knowing more about technology than my children. I am sure that won’t be for very much longer, though.

After getting the project printed, and reading it over while the A-man explained the project, I went down and ‘woke’ S up to go to his real bed. He was full of snuggles and smooches before he went up to brush his teeth and go to bed. The A-man seemed very anxious to tell me all about his day – he gets upset when I’m not home each night so that we can have our regular routine of “How was your day”, etc. I sometimes wonder if he doesn’t have a wee bit of OCD to accompany his Tourettes. Well, I guess we are all a little obsessive compulsive sometimes, aren’t we?

I did a couple loads of laundry then heading off to slumber myself.

On the work front - he ad for my assistant will be running in the papers for the next little while. I do not want a repeat of the hiring from last Fall, so to prepare I have come up with a test that I will email to all applicants. It’s not difficult at all, and it should help me weed out the people applicants a bit. I hope so…I feel like the ‘down time’ we usually experience during the Spring/Summer just has not arrived.

No comments: