Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Fall Out

S took the news better than I thought he might. I guess he had cried when the principal told him he wasn't able to go, but afterwards he was fine. Well, still sad, but not as upset as I thought he would have been.
The principal told S that Hubby and I were too busy to go with him - which annoyed me. I explained to S that I would have been happy to go with him if I had been given a little bit more notice, and I also told him why Hubby wasn't able to go. S knows we will do whatever we can for him, so I felt it a little unfair of the Principal to try and turn it back on us.
S and I also had a conversation about how is actions can cause certain reactions. Of course, he wasn't in an agitated state, so he could rationalize all of it. In an agitated state, not so much. But, maybe this will be another learning tool for him to put in his case. I hope so.

I went to Bear's son's "graduation" last night. I know how excited the A-man was to be finished Grade 8, and I was honoured to have been invited. Magiver won three awards! The sportsmanship award, the Principal award, and the Leadership award. Quite the prestigious awards, I thought. He is such a great kid. The A-man was happy to hear his friend did so well. It was nice to have a 'good' ending to an otherwise not-so-good day.

Today is another sunny, beautiful day. I hope it goes better than yesterday did. I have a number of interviews today with prospective assistants. The one we met with yesterday was quite impressive - I think he may even be a call back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear S took the disappointing news so well. Unfortunate but hopefully a life lesson. I wonder if the principal's statement about you not being able to go on the trip was to lessen her own feelings of guilt when she saw him so sad?
Think R-man and his honey may stop by the cottage this weekend..they're in Peterborough and it's a pretty short jaunt from there, just need a bit of a map since he's never been before.
Sorry we added to the shittiness of your day yesterday, hopefully today will be a better one.