Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day to Day stuff

This morning, the A-man had a follow up orthodontist appointment, so I drove him in to school afterwards. As we were driving to school he was telling me that he had heard a rumour at school that has him all upset. He has heard that his religion teacher - a man he quotes almost on a daily basis - was being fired at the end of the school year. He told me that he asked the teacher about the rumour, but the teacher just told him, "I'm not allowed to discuss this."
Now the A-man is all upset to think that the school would actually get rid of such "a great teacher. The very best teacher (he has) ever had!"
This "going to be fired" just seems a little bit out there to me - just doesn't seem to work in the vein I think a board would work. I tried to explain all of this to the A-man, but he was far too upset to even hear me.

This is one thing that I dislike about the way that the A-man's psyche works. "I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts." There are no ifs-ands-or-buts, and nothing can sway him. Very much the Aries ram, my guy is. One website describes the Aries individual as
"Their immense energy makes them aggressive and restless, argumentative
occasionally, headstrong, quick tempered, easily offended and capable of holding
grudges if they feel themselves affronted."

Even if you are not a believe in the astrology signs, and what they say about personalities, the above description certainly does describe son number one.

And son number two - he truly lives up to his astrological sign. Taurus - the bull. That was one of my first thoughts when I was told my due date with S - "Oh, great, a Taurus baby. This otta be fun..." He has lived up to many of the descriptions within this star sign. Hubby and I both live up to our signs, too.

Last night after dinner, I went to my fitness class, and Hubby was able to get the A-man outside to bag up some more fire wood. We are having our driveway resealed this coming weekend, so the push is on to finish getting the wood put in the trailer, thereby allowing Hubby the chance to move the boat from our driveway to out of the way in the backyard. (My dad is storing it at our place for a little while.)

The entire time the A-man was doing the wood, S did not attempt to raise one finger. Not even with the promise of "Mom Bucks." He decided that the A-man can have any/all funds earned with the selling of the wood, and now he does nothing to help with it. Not much can make that boy move... (sigh). On the bright side though, he did use that time to finish a book he was reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, I'm a Taurus and the r-man is an Aries, both fine individuals I might add and not the least bit difficult...:)

Jori said...

Come on, Cuz... the R-man can be quite headstrong - you have to admit that!
And, yes, my dear, you truly are Taurus...but you are FEMALE Taurus, and that makes a big difference. It's true - look it up!