Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Nice surprise

A friend of mine - the one that camped out on my couch a while back - came over last night to pick me up. We were heading into the city (to Dar's) to pick up a loveseat. Incredible that I am such good friends with both ladies and their paths have never crossed before...

Anyway, when I went to get in the truck, there was a pretty pink bag, with the word "Diva" stamped on to it - all full of fluffy pink tissue paper. I went to move the bag in to the backseat of the truck when I was told, "Oh, not there. That is for you!"
Not my birthday for quite a while, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Well, the card was basically a "thanks for helping me through the crap I've dealt with over the last little while" type of card. The gift - A D O R A B L E!

See for yourself:




My friend told me that as soon as she saw it she immediately thought of me, and had to buy it. The funny thing is, these is a REASON she thought of me.

These two pictures are items of the real thing in my closet, that I use on a fairly regular basis:


I never realized that I am a true "girlie girl" before. My boys tell me that often, but what do they know?

Wondering what I was so excited about? The first one - my gift - is actually ceramic! It's a piggy bank, and there is a little tag on it that says "Girls Night Out". The other two items are actual purses that I have and use on a regular basis. Although, the one with the pattern has a broken strap and I may have to retire it if I can't figure out how to fix it.

Another friend - Scare's mom - gave me a lamp a few years ago for Christmas, and it looks like a purse with feathers on it too. Hmmm... does this mean my friends all think I'm fluffy?

Oh - and placed inside the handles of the piggy bank there was a magnet. It says, "The Queen is not receiving an audience today."

Perfect.

No comments: