Friday, August 24, 2007

So, this is cool - I have a blog!

I just noticed tonight that my friend Bear has a blog. Never been to it before, but tonight I checked it out. And decided I, too, needed to blog. Does anybody READ a blog? I mean, really? I know lots of people WRITE them, but does anyone really take the time necessary to read another person's blog? I'm no one special - does anyone out there really care about what I have to say?

I read Bear's blog. Every single post. Some of them made me sad. Well, her most recent one didn't - it was very positive and upbeat. The ones she wrote in the winter - they made me feel very bad for my friend. I think it's great that she is on the mend. Mental health issues truly bite the big one.

My youngest son (S) has mental health issues. It pisses me off when I hear people make negative comments about those suffering in silence. He's only a little kid! He didn't ask to have these problems, nor did he do anything WRONG. (Dumb asses.)

And, no, we aren't bad parents - we haven't "done something wrong" to "make" him turn out this way. Whatever. It's a very real, very painful disorder - just one that can't be seen to the naked eye. Mental health issues are just as real as MS, or lukeimia, or cancer. Are you going to fault the parent, or the person suffering, because they have cancer?? You'd be one sick puppy if you did. But, S has a great doctor, and he will likely be going for an fMRI in the next little while. This is an actual, factual brain scan. It will tell us (and the school personelle) what is really happening with his strangely-wired brain.

Okay - don't know where that all came from. Oh, right, Bear's blog. Anyway, I'm going to see Bear this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. She and I have known each other for more than 25 years, and we were always close. Then, about 2 years ago, I think she broke up with me, but just didn't tell me. Now I know what was going on with her at the time, and I understand (truly, I do) but I was so sad at the time to realize I'd been dumped, and I had no clue what I had done wrong! But, we are back on again! (Isn't it great when people get back together??) So, this Saturday should be a lot of fun.

I had a 'girl's weekend' at the cottage last weekend. There were 6 of us in total, and it was way more fun than I thought it would have been. You know how it can be when you introduce 3 sets of friends - most of whom have never met before? Yeah - I was the only common denominator in that mix. But, it worked out well, and I think it will become an annual event.

The bitchy-boss'-ex is still in the office. God she drives me nuts. Loved the comment today, "Did your boss buy you lunch AGAIN today? It's so nice that he buys you lunch. I don't know why you even bother to BRING a lunch." Yeah, cuz I'm after your hairy Italian BeeYotch!! She's a goon, and I can not wait for her to get her fake-blond ass out of that office. It was supposed to happen over a year ago, so I am NOT holding my breath.

So, that is my first blog. Interesting. Sort of random thoughts, just set down for people to read. Interesting.

No comments: