Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Civic Holiday weekend

We had such a great long weekend!

Friday evening Hubby and I relaxed with some margarittas on the deck before dinner. After dinner, we went for a family swim - but I found the water too cold and didn't get in to far. Hubby and the A-man had a good little tussle/wrestling match, and it was quite fun to watch them having such a good time. S tried to get into it after a little while, but he was a little leary of getting into the middle of these two pretty big guys.

Saturday morning, I slept in! It was WONDERFUL to get up that late, even though I did feel like a lazy sloth, I was glad I did it. I worked on a resume update & send off, then spent some hours in the garden pulling weeds. We had a very quiet Saturday evening - just watched a movie together and went to bed pretty early. We got 5 eggs from the chicken this day. S seemed very excited every time he went into the coop and came out with another treasure.

Sunday was another sunny and beautiful day. I made up some of my famous weed killer (vinegar, salt and dish soap!) and attached the growth going on between the bricks in the patio. Next I got out the hose and got the patio all cleaned of dirt and debris. S and the A-man washed down the patio furniture and moved a few wheelbarrows full of wood chips for me. Then I got wedding the night garden, chive garden and iris area. I moved a few plants around, and generally got the entire patio area looking very presentable indeed. That evening we had some company - a co-worker of Hubby and his wife came over shortly after dinner.

Monday was another beautiful, sunny day. I got out in the veggie garden in the morning and managed to get some weeding done between the onion rows, the lettuce rows and up to the Swiss Chard area before I had to go in and shower for my afternoon sail with my highschool friends.

Sammy and Suz came to pick me up around 12:30 and we headed off to Dar's. We sat and admired Dar's garden area for a while, and then headed out the lake for our afternoon sail. Loaded down with our picnic, I am sure we looked like quite the group as we entered Dar's private docking area. The sun had gone in behind some clouds, but we still managed to have a good afternoon on the water.
The winds started to pick up as we were coming in, so Dar dropped the sail and we came into the port on the motor.

Last night we had another quiet, peaceful evening, and went to bed early, ready to face another work week.
The boys have been loving the swimming pool, and have been using it two and three times each day. In fact, last night I had to poke my head out of the laundry room adn tell them that since it was almost dark, they should probably head back in. I don't think they had realized how much the sun had set until I mentioned it to them.

The A-man had called R to see if she could go to a movie with him on Sunday, but since she never called back, we are going to assume she was away with her family for the weekend.

We are going up to the cottage next weekend, and since I am starting holidays, and Hubby is going on afternoons, it looks like we are going to be able to come home on Monday morning instead of having to rush back on Sunday night.

No comments: