Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer ending...

Hubby and I are of the general impression that it will be good to have the boys back in school in a few weeks. They have become very lax in looking after their daily chores - even in looking after their own personal hygiene chores!
As nice a change and break as summer vaction is, it will be nice to get back into the regular routine that comes with going to school each day.
I'm sure the boys will disagree, but that's simply a matter of opinion.

I left yesterday afternoon to head to the city for a conference. Not quite sure why both boss and I were required to attend this conference, though. We are really only putting in a few hours of actuall work at the event - the rest of it is some socializing, and trying to keep up on regular work via email. Really crazy considering I've just come off a week of holidays.

My holidays were nice. It was great to have the opportunity to sleep in each morning, and I am feeling very positive from the week S and I spent at assistive technology camp. I will have to set up some appointments at the high school to enusre that S's laptop and equipment have been tranfered to the school, then I will have to ensure that his necessary text books have been scanned and loaded on to his system. Another biggie will be determining what type of EA support he will receive, and to get more details about his specialized bussing requirements.
Never seems to end.

This year I am also planning on getting email addresses for both the A-man and S's teachers so that I can be kept abreast of the various homework assignments/requirements for each of the boys. I don't want a repeat of the A-man's English from last year.

Live and learn, I suppose.

Had a good time this afternoon visiting Chinatown - lots to see and experience. Went to the Kensington Market - not quite what I remember, but still a good way to put in a few hours in the city. Not sure what I will be doing tomorrow afternoon - probably trying to catch up on work emails and getting the electronic newsletter out to the subscribers!

Have sent out a few more resumes, but haven't heard from any of the jobs I've applied for. Again, not something I am worried about - but it sure would be nice to get some type of feedback from what I am sending!

No comments: