Friday, August 21, 2009

This, that and all

It's quite hard to believe that summer break will soon be coming to an end.
Last night we had a terrible storm - a number of tornadoes hit down in our area, but we didn't see any affects at our house other than some wind kicking up.

Around 10 or 10:30 the power went out, so the boys and I got a number of candles and lanterns lit, and the A-man suggested a board game. He brought up Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit for the options. S had a knack for winning with Monopoly, so of course he picked that game.
We played for quite a while, and even after the power came back on, the A-man went around the house turning off all the lights so that we could continue our candle-lit game. I started to get tired, so I suggested we put the small pieces in the box so that they didn't get scattered by the cats. We have plans on continuing the game this evening.
Apparently I just need to 'invite' the boys upstairs and they would love to play games with me. I asked why they never suggested it to me, and neither of them had a reply!

I'm looking forward to playing some more of it, actually.

~~~

Now, on to something completely different...

Another reason to be careful who you add as a 'friend' on Facebook...


I couldn't imagine!!

No comments: