Monday, August 24, 2009

Off again

Little rat fink...
The A-man quickly purchased a number of houses, and then hotels, on the continuing of the Monopoly game.

When I owed him over $500 just for landing on one of his spaces, I knew it was time to call the game.
I think they were both a little disappointed to see me give up so quickly, but to be honest, I knew I was beat! I don't know how the two of my sweet angle-children have become such mean-spirited creatures when it comes to playing Monopoly with their Momma. You would think they would go easy on me - but NOooooo, we can't be doing that now!

Actually, I didn't call the game. I simply asked for a "hold over" until I was a little more awake and able to focus on the game. I think I am going to have to mortgage all of the property that I have, but chances are that will only hold me over until I land on another one of the A-man's hotel properties.

Like I said, "Little rat fink..." ;o)

I am away again this week at another conference. This one isn't as long as the one was last week, and I expect to be home again by about 9 on Wednesday night. I didn't go in to the office this morning, and I will admit that it was quite nice to have the chance to take my time this morning. We had a really busy weekend, and I didn't really feel like I had much down time.

I arrived to the city about 10 minutes late for my 1pm meeting, but it didn't seem to be a big deal. The sales person from the hotel and I had a very enjoyable lunch, and it was nice to have the opportunity to get to know him a bit better. I really enjoy staying at this property, and I really hope I am able to stay here more often - even if it's not for work events!

Boss called me and he should be arriving here at the hotel within the next half hour. We will be heading over to the convention centre to get our display set up, and then we will be off to the opening reception for around 6:30 tonight. Tomorrow will be a long and busy day.

Tomorrow also is Hubby and I's anniversary. I am still finding it very hard to believe that we have been married for 19 years tomorrow. I met him when I was just 17 years old...

Wow. I'm old.

No comments: