Friday, August 28, 2009

School starting soon

It's almost the weekend...

Although I am looking forward to a couple of down days, I'm starting to think that I really need some 'down weeks'! (lol)

I guess this, too, shall pass.

I called the school yesterday to get some information about S's specialized bussing. Turns out he will be getting on the bus almost a half hour earlier than he is used to, and about 10 minutes before the A-man's bus comes to get him each day. He's not sold on this whole "short bus" concept, but last night when I asked him if he thought he could manage on the 'regular' bus, he didn't really have a reply for me. I guess I will just have to monitor the situation, and see how he is coping further in to the school year before I look at making some changes in his transportation.
It could be that he's past the issues he'd experienced years ago, but it would probably be something we would have to move into in transitional stages. I'm sure age and maturity will play a large part in all of it - for both S and the other students on the bus, actually.

I would love for him to have the ability to ride the 'regular' bus again, but I just don't want to face all of the turmoil again, and I am thinking the negative stigma to an outburst on a high school bus would be far worse than that of elementary school. Maybe not...

Feeling very unsure about all of this - can you tell?

On Monday we have the official tour of the school - finding the classrooms, getting the locker - that sort of thing. The A-man is really looking forward to being our official tour guide at the school. I think he is quite excited that S is going to finally have the opportunity to get away from the other school.

We are going to the cottage tonight - I left a number of tasks for the boys to complete today and advised them that the sooner they get these done, the sooner we will be able to head out. I am seriously hoping that S helps with the tasks - the A-man always seems to end up having to do his share and then some.

~~~

Haven't had any response from the resumes I've sent out, but I will continue to look and consider. Boss and I are going to be interviewing a young lady on Tuesday morning to replace my assistant, but I'm still not sure if she will be required on a full time basis or not.
Oh, the fun just never ends...

No comments: