Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Holiday time yet?

I am tired.

Lately, the more I have been sleeping, the more sleep it would appear I require. I’m not sure if my current state is because of a busy past weekend or something more.
I’ve not been very pleased with a number of things at work over the last little while, but I can’t imagine that has drained me this much. I have updated my resume and I’ve even sent a couple out to some really interesting-sounding jobs, but I’m still enjoying the day to day tasks of my job. (Not many others can have that claim, I hear.)

Since we are looking at a long weekend, I am hoping that the extra day of a sleep in will provide me with the rest I require. I told Hubby that I didn’t want to go to the cottage this weekend. I just want to have a weekend at home, in my own bed, doing what I want to do whenever the urge strikes me. He was okay with that – he always has about a million little projects on the go. So, this weekend, the first of a number of long weekends, we have no plans what so ever.

Next week is a short work week, then I will be off for a week’s holidays. I won’t be going anywhere for these holidays, however. S will be participating in a special educational technology camp every afternoon from 1pm until 4pm, and one parent is to attend the camp with him. S will be given more intensive training on his laptop – using the various programs that he has installed on it – and I will be learning more about the devices, too. It is the hope of Hubby and I that S will learn a few more things about his system and will be more willing to use it in class. (Always seems to be an issue for him in the past.)

I don’t think the school office will be open for that week, but I am going to have to make an appointment to find out more about the EA that S may have, as well as the timing he will have an EA for. I will also have to try and meet each of the teachers and inform them of the uniqueness that is S. I think it’s imperative that each teacher receive some type of forewarning.

Since the technology camp is in the afternoons only, I am really looking forward to being able to take my time in the mornings and just putter and get things done around the house and yard. This too should allow for some extra rest time for me.

Oh! We have started getting eggs from the chickens! The last couple of days we have had three eggs laid in a couple of different nests. We’ve only had one soft-shelled egg so far, and each day they seem to be getting bigger and bigger. I used one yesterday for my breakfast, and it was a double-yoked egg. The first two eggs that we got had a small blood spot in each of them, but I haven’t seen any since then. Not sure how long it will take until each hen starts laying an egg a day, but it’s a nice surprise to go in to the coop each day to see what has been left for us!

No comments: