Friday, July 18, 2008

Insomniac rantings...

Here it is – almost one o’clock in the morning, and I have been struck by insomnia.

I ♥ the nights that I can’t sleep…

Never sure if the insomnia is a part of living life with lupus, or if it’s due to fibromyalgia or one of the other bajillion ‘disorders’ that I get to call my very own. At least my legs aren't doing the wild and crazy twitches that sometimes keep me up. I hate those, too.
I AM the lucky one, aren’t I?

I once went over two weeks with less than 2 hours sleep each night. That was not a fun time in my life, I will admit. Funny thing about insomnia – I feel tired when I lie down in bed. I feel like it is time to go to sleep. Then, I just lay there. I don’t toss and turn, trying to get comfortable. I’m completely comfy – in the bed the way I usually fall asleep. But, instead of sleeping… nadda.
I did give myself almost a full hour and a half before I climbed out of bed tonight. What is the point of just laying around when my mind is going every which way? The worst part is that there isn’t really much you can DO at this time of night.

Can’t actually do housework – that would wake others. TV? Yeah, I don’t watch it at the best of times. Late night shopping channels don’t exactly appeal to me. I could read, I suppose, but I am out of fresh reading material. (Will have to make a point of going to the library tomorrow, I think.) Guess I could pull out a book that I haven’t read in a while. (sigh)

We are going to the cottage tomorrow afternoon. My brother and family will be coming this weekend. It will be the first time we have seen them since the Christmas holidays. The boys are very excited about spending time with their cousins this weekend.
My brother actually called tonight to get an idea on our arrival time, and when we were talking I found out that the oldest daughter will not be coming with them though. I know that will disappoint both boys, too, because I am sure she is the cousin they were most excited about seeing.
Don’t get me wrong – they love seeing Miss Em, but a 7 year old just doesn’t hold a candle to a fun, energetic 14 year old.

I have to pick up a part for the boat tomorrow afternoon. I am REALLY hoping there aren’t any more problems with the boat this weekend. My dad will be ready to SNAP if there is one more concern with the boat he just bought. Fingers will be crossed on that.
If everything is running as it should be, I should be able to get some incredible pictures of the kids doing all kinds of water sports. I bought new adult sized water skis when we were on our last week's holidays. They will work for the A-man, and S will be able to use the Junior skis my parents already had. We've also got what is needed for knee boarding and tubbing, too. All we need is a boat that will be able to do the pulling.

Hubby is going to bring the 12 foot boat back to the cottage, too. I am hoping to be able to take the A-man out with the trolling motor one morning. I think it would be really nice to just take a thermos and just sit quietly in the boat, casting our fishing lines and quietly talking about whatever comes to our minds. He's getting to the age that you can really appreciate the observations he makes about life in general. He's a very astute young man.

The A-man has become a very big fan of "The Dog Whisperer." I haven't watched an episode of it yet, but he likes it enough that he has been PVRing the show so that he can see them whenever he wants. Crazy kid likes to watch the news, too. Who IS this child, and what has he done with my first born?, I want to know.

Okay, enough rambling for now. Guess I will pull out a book and see what transpires.... hope you slept well!

No comments: