Tuesday, July 22, 2008

GREAT weekend!!

All 3 vehicles pulled in to the driveway at the same time!

Early Saturday afternoon, my Dad got the boat going and the knee board was brought out. My brother started the show...complete with a couple spins on the board. Yes, he is a show off.
Next up, S gave the knee board a try. He did very well with it, and by the time we were doing the second loop around the lake, S had started to realize that if he shifted his weight this way and that, he could actually control how he moved on the board. The smile on his face was incredible.

Next up to try was the A-man. He wasn't as successful on the knee board, though. I think he wasn't aware of having to pull himself up in to a sitting position. We tried to pull him up a couple of times, but then the water was too deep and my brother was having a hard time getting out to help him. After a couple more attempts, the A-man joined my dad and I on the boat, and my brother took a few more turns around the lake.

Later that afternoon, Hubby and I went to the wine festival with my brother and his wife. There were quite a few different wines - and cheese, and chocolate!! - to sample. We had a very good afternoon.

Saturday night was actually quite quiet, but I think that we were all pretty tired from our active day in the sun.
Sunday turned out to be a lot of fun, though. Brother and family left before noon as they had company coming to their home. After doing some weeding in the gardens, my mom and I were sitting reading our books on the porch. A neighbour came over...

After a while, my Dad had his guitar out and we were all singing along. Then, after dinner the karaoke machine came out... it was a late night. We all headed off to bed around midnight, and that 5am alarm clock was not very well received, I will admit.

Yesterday was a bit of a slow-moving day because I was so tired, but, when I think about the fun time we had on Sunday, and I compare it to how tired I was yesterday... yeah, it was totally worth it!

No comments: