Thursday, July 24, 2008

Busy times

I feel like I have been a bad mommy this week. It feels like I haven't really been home very much lately. But, as I sit and think about it, that isn't really true. I've been home for two of the past three dinner times, just would be rushed either before or after said meals...

It's not yet 8am, and my suitcase is packed. I will be leaving this morning for another weekend work event. Boss and I will be greeting a representative from the State this afternoon - she is flying in for the event. Then a dinner reception tonight, setting up tomorrow morning, then the craziness will begin around noon. I expect 4 late nights, and 4 early mornings...with a lot of STUFF in between! Still, I know it will be a good time.

We did a bunch of interviews for assistant yesterday - think we may have a keeper, but one of the interviewees was ill, so I think I may have to give up one day of holidays to come back next week and interview him. (sigh...) I was really looking forward to a full week up at the cottage, too.

Not sure if I will blog between the festival and heading off for the week, but if not, I will be sure to do an update at the beginning of August!

No comments: