Monday, November 30, 2009

Time is flying

I am still having a hard time believing that tomorrow is December 1.  I'm still not sure where the month of November went!

Boss is going in for some surgery tomorrow.  Should be very interesting for the next couple of weeks to have a marketing professional not able to speak.  He will not be a patient patient, I'm expecting.  I just hope he isn't in too much pain while the healing process takes hold.

Last Thursday evening I went over to Laur's for the annual "Putting up of the Christmas lights."  I guess I have done this task for her for the past 6 or 7 years. 
One afternoon she and I were chatting on the phone (this was before I started back to work full time) and she had said how it took her and her Hubby hours to put the lights on the tree.  Now, I have been the official putter-of-the-lights-person since Hubby and I were married, so I just couldn't understand how it would take so long to do this job.  I told her I would be over in 20 minutes and help her get the job finished.
From starting to pull the tree out from the box, to stringing the lights and calling the job "done" was just over an hour.  She and her hubby were amazed.
I have been doing the task ever since.  (Except for the year I broke my wrist at the Christmas party.)

On Friday night, I went off to the city with Jazzy's mom and M to celebrate M's birthday.  Friday was her actual birthday, so it worked out well.  We went out to dinner, had drinks, met up with a bunch of people.... it was a very, very fun time.  The next morning none of us were feeling 100%, but we all perked up after breakfast and were just about normal by the time the play we went to see started.
The play was called "My Mother's Jewish Lesbian Wiccan Wedding" and was quite humourous.  I think what made it really funny was the fact that it was based on a true story.  Sometimes you just can't make these things up!

When I got home on Saturday evening, Hubby told me that I was looking at the person that used to be my husband; the grouch of the previous week had been banished.  I welcomed him back with open arms.

Sunday dawned with very few plans.  We ended up doing the pheasant slaughter - I even cooked one of the males for dinner.  I may have over-cooked it a wee bit, but it was quite tasty.

I managed to get about 80% of the laundry done, and tonight I am hoping to get Christmas cards addressed and ready for mailing.  I made a few more bath bombs yesterday (mandarin orange this time) and I advised the A-man that it wasn't a snack to be enjoyed.  ;o)

We were just finishing up dinner tonight, and the front door opened.  Hubby is back home with an ache in his mouth again.  This time it is just in front of the tooth he had extracted.  Hopefully it's just something to do with the stitches.  He will go in to the office in the morning.

1 comment:

cuz said...

oh no not more tooth problems! Hope it's not too serious. I was forwarned when they did my extracton that they could possibly damage another tooth in doing so...especially the one beside that had had a previous root canal.Hope this is not the case with Brian and it's just a healing thing...keep me posted.