Friday, November 6, 2009

Back to normal again

Back to the familiar grind now. 
Had three days off this week and I must admit that it took until yesterday (Thursday) to start feeling normal again.  Really got a groove on with respect to some purging/cleaning, actually.

Cuz and her Hubby (my actual cousin!) stopped in for a while yesterday.  They were dropping their boat off for the winter with the plans of coming our way for some Spring fishing.  It was a short visit, but still nice to get some time together.  We will see a bit more of them in a couple of weeks when Hubby and I go for an overnighter!

It would appear S is on the mend.  He resisted going to school yesterday, but since they were having a PA day today, I felt it was important that he get to school for at least one day.  I'm not sure if he would have actually tried to get the details he had missed, but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. 
Report cards come home on Monday.

Hubby is getting ready to leave tomorrow for a one week hunting trip.  He has his bins all packed, and last night I made a couple of my "now famous" spicy lasagna.  I'm feeling that I didn't make them quite as hot as years past, but I do know that it will be flavourful either way.  I forgot about Hubby asking me to make a breakfast casserole, so I guess I will be doing that while making dinner tonight.

We had our first taste of one of 'the girls' last night.  I wasn't sure how I would do, but it was okay.  Once I put the package in the water for thawing, I was over any strange feelings.  It just hit me when I was taking the package from the freezer.  I didn't mention where the chicken came from to the boys, though. 
Did I notice a big huge taste difference?  I can't say for sure.  It was very tender meat, and had a nice flavour, but the dish itself was quite tasty, so that is a tough call.
The pheasants are in need of some TLC in their run, so I guess that will be another task for me to add to my list for the weekend.  I have been very remiss in keeping up on their care since we did the chicken slaughter.  My bad.

I'm going to a surprise birthday party for my brother tonight.  He will be in the area to give a talk at the local legion during their veteran's dinner tomorrow night.  Quite an honour.
Anyway, his wife made some phone calls and a friend has invited a bunch of Bro's friends over.  They are going to stop at my place for "an emergency bathroom break" and then I am going to invite myself along for drinks.  Should be about 25 people waiting when he arrives.  His birthday is actually on Monday, and it's not a biggie (he's 40 in a couple more years) but since he is in the area, it's as good a reason as any!

Sunday is another day that I will be on the move.  Going to a fundraiser for my dear friend's skating club.  We went last year and had a very enjoyable time, so I am sure it will be a good day again.  Leaving fairly early in the morning, but I expect to be home in time for making supper for the boys.

The boys and I will do our annual "dinner and a movie" tomorrow night.  We have done this every Saturday since Hubby started his hunting week.  I miss the days of going to see the newest Christmas movies.  We've seen Elf, and the Grinch... this year I think they want to see a bit of a thriller, but I will ki-bosh that one.  I don't "do" thrillers. 
Maybe I will convince them that we should see the new 3-D Christmas movie...

No comments: