Monday, November 2, 2009

Home again

S went to his first school dance on Thursday night.  I think he had a pretty good time, but he didn't really say too much about it.

I had stayed at Mom and Dad's while S was at the dance, and he knew I was leaving in the morning for another show, so I had asked him to get back from the dance as soon as it was over since I had to make sure I was all packed and ready to go for my normal time in the morning.
About 15 minutes after the dance was over, Mom could tell I was a bit anxious because she suggested we take the dog for a walk.  We were about half way between Mom's house and the school when S came walking up the sidewalk with a couple of girls.  Apparently the line up at the coat check was really long.

The A-man had opted not to go to the dance.  Still not sure why.

Lil A's brother was hit by a car on Tuesday evening.  Apparently he was air lifted to the city with a broken tibia on one leg, a broken femur on the other and some broken and cracked ribs.  He is very lucky that he was not killed.  Apparently he had been riding his skateboard up the wrong side of the road at 10 at night, and was dressed all in black.  It was also reported that a police officer was witness to the accident, and from what I have heard there are no charges pending.
S told me that Lil A was at the dance - she had been away Wednesday and Thursday, but still came to the dance on Thursday night.  S told me she "didn't want to talk about her brother" so I take this to mean they are an "off again" item.  He seems okay with that at this point, but he was very concerned about how she was coping with the injuries her brother had sustained.

I was heading back home this morning when I got a phone call from the school telling me that S had been sick to his stomach.  Hubby was able to go to the school to pick him up, and although he hasn't been sick again, he does have a bit of a fever and a nasty cough.  Of course with the entire country all up in arms with this H1N1, I am going to be keeping a close eye on him over the next few days.  I'm sure it's just a cold, but so many of the symptoms apparently appear to be like a common cold, too.
For the record, our family does not have any plans to have the vaccine.  My personal feeling is that the drug was rushed through and I am leary of the lack of testing that has been done on it.  I just worry about the long term effects of something that was created so quickly.
So many debates on the subject...

Had a nice nap when I got home this afternoon, and I am really looking forward to having a few days off.  Cuz will be coming up for the day on Thursday to store their boat for the winter, so I am glad that I will get to see them - even if it's only for a short period of time.

Will be even better to get to see Hubby a bit this week!

1 comment:

Cuz said...

I have to agree with the whole flu vaccine debacle...I'm not too concerned with getting it myself. The vaccine was rushed thru dosing and such is constantly being changed I think I'd rather take my chances catching the bug.