Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"Life" - according to the A-man

My big guy continues to find new ways to bring laughter and amusement to my life.  When he isn't trying, he is actually quite a funny guy.

His drama class did the choreography for the stampeed scene in the play today.  He was telling me all about it when I picked him up and he seemed really pumped up about it.  "It totally rocks," were his exact words, I believe.  (Or something similar to this well-spoken/thought out phrase.)
Part of the choreography was where the "black people" (that's the people that aren't actually in the play therefore are all in black) have to catch him as he falls from the cliff.  Apparently he squished 5 of the 12 today during the first practise, and he said in the other two takes he heard a number of moans and groans.  I'm thinking most of these students are not used to a 6'2" person that tips the scales at 200 pounds falling on them from a height of about 7 or 8 feet.

Either way, it was quite amusing to hear his take on the entire scenerio.  I would really like to hear the comments of the 'catchers' though...

The next time he made me really laugh during the drive was when he was talking about how he will look after me when I am 90.  I asked him if he was going to change my diapers if he needed to, and then he went in to this long explaination about the names of these types of products.  (Apparently he has put a lot of thought in to this observation...)

"For babies," he says, "they are called sweet lovable names like Huggies and Luvs.  This implies that the parents will change the diapers and still want to cuddle and love the babies.  Yet, for the adult diapers, they don't still have this same implications.
You ask if I will change your diaper when you are 90.... hmmm... that makes me ask - am I in the will?  'Depends'!"

Perhaps the written word doesn't do the entire statement justice, but I found this whole monologue to be quite funny when he got to the punch line...

A few minutes later, the A-man shared a conversation that occured over the weekend.  Hubby's aunt and uncle had come for a visit to my in-laws, so Hubby and the A-man went over.  (S wasn't feeling well so he stayed home.)
Apparently the Aunt had commented that she didn't find it very different raising a son verses a daughter, however the A-man disagreed. 
"With a daughter," he wisely explained, "you have to worry about feelings and the right shoes and things."  (He did a sidebar comment to me here that said the shoes comment was for my benefit)
"But a son, a son is much easier to raise; you just have to make sure you leave out a plate of food and crack open the window a bit."

I have to admit, I am quite looking forward to seeing how this wise and well-thought out information actually converts to 'real life' in the years to come.

2 comments:

cuz said...

personally I rather like his observation about the whole adult diaper thing :D

Jori said...

Yeah, that one was quite funny. I asked him if he'd heard that on one of the comedy shows he likes to watch, but he claimed he came up with that one all on his own!