Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer 2009

Today is the first official summer holiday for both boys. Although S didn't go to school this past week until Thursday, he wasn't officially finished until I picked him up for his doctor's appointment.

His EA even made me go in to the office to sign him out of school. Because, at 2.45 on the last day of school, when the entire school population is outside, it's really going to matter if you follow protocol.
Whatever.
(In a rebellious state, I didn't date or time the sign out sheet, not did I complete his full name - just used his first!!)

I will admit, I felt tears of joy and relief as I pulled away from that school for the very last time. S and I gave each other a big ole "high five" as we left, too.

The only person I felt the need to say good bye to was S's SERT. I wrote a very long - and somewhat rambling - letter letting her know how much we appreciated all that she did for S. She thanked me for the letter as I was pulling out of the parking lot.

We are going over to see Jazzy's family tonight, and then tomorrow we have another wedding to attend. Hubby and the boys will be heading to the cottage on Sunday for some holidays. They will be coming back on Thursday so that Hubby can attend a meeting and complete a computer job, then as a family we will be heading up to the cottage for another week. I am really looking forward to this holiday.

Oh, and did I mention that my assistant gave her notice this week? Next Friday will be her last day with us as she will be moving to Australia the following week to continue her education. I'm really happy for her, but really not looking forward to the work that will be on my desk when I return from my week off!
I don't want to start the search for another assistant...

No comments: