Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Past year's garden pictures

These pictures were taken a little while ago - maybe 3 summers now? The garden was still quite new and not fully developed. I think it was probably back when I had time to keep on top of the weeds in the pathways!

This first one was taken from standing at the front of the garden and

looking into the side yard. We no longer have the wooden swing you can see in the background. The wood started to rot, and when we cut down that tree last fall, the swing went with the stump!


My rose garden area isn't large, but the blooms from the roses are amazing. David Austin roses just look and smell heavenly!





One of my ultimate favourite flowers - the star gazer lily. The chipmunks have raided my lily garden over the years, but it still looks and smells wonderful when the flowers are in bloom.

This is a centred shot of a disco mix hibiscus. The flower is about 10 inches in diameter, and almost completely flat. It is all white, with it's bright vibrant centre. It usually blooms toward the end of July and then all through August. It's a real show stopper.
I really like the look and feel of English gardens. This delphinium didn't come up last year, though.



My sweet double daisies. They just make a person smile when they look at this plant!


I have an abundance of cone flowers in my garden. Native to our region, I never water them, but they are more than happy to take the abuse, and continue to thrive.

No comments: