Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ugh!

Today has not been the best of days for me.

Last night I went grocery shopping and this morning I realized that my sons ate ALL of the bananas I had purchased, over half of the package of lunch meat that was meant for this week’s lunches and about half of the package of social cookies. This was all done within a two hour time frame when I had company – I had also provided the boys with a snack of their own.

I was not happy with either of them about the large intake of unnecessary food, but what really ticked me off was that neither of them completed the one and only task I had given them last night; getting the garbage and recycling outside and to the curb for this morning’s pick up. I woke both of them up a bit earlier than normal to ensure that this particular task was completed prior to either of them getting on the their busses.

The A-man was just getting out of the shower this morning when his bus arrived. It was early, but needless to say, he didn’t make the bus. As I was driving the A-man in to school, I went in to a skid coming off a bridge, and ended up in a ditch. I was stuck pretty darn good, too.

After calling the *OPP number to request assistance, I then explained to the A-man that is was for reasons such as this that I always want him to bring a coat and hat/mitts. We ended up waiting for about half an hour before a tow truck arrived. Turned out it had not been dispatched for me; he was just driving by. After pulling us from the ditch, I realized that we were about a car’s length away from a gas line. Thank heavens we went in to the ditch where we did.

After paying for the tow, and contacting the OPP to let them know I no longer required assistance, I started to pull away from the accident scene. This is when I realized that I was not able to put my car into second gear. Went a little bit further and realized I couldn’t get in to fourth gear, either. We drove straight to the Honda dealership. I still haven’t heard anything from the diagnostic report. I am really hoping it is a case of lodged ice or a loose clutch cable or something. As luck would have it today, I'm thinking probably not.

I got to work about an hour and half later than normal this morning; had not gone in yesterday as I was just far too tired after the weekend at the show. What a start to the day.

Afternoon has been going better…

Have a AGM tonight for the ADHD group – I just hope I have a way of getting there. I don’t like not having a car…

No comments: