Monday, November 17, 2008

Power-less weekend

When we got home Saturday night, we discovered that our power was out. It was strange - we were getting wet snow, but mostly rain, and we couldn't quite understand what would make the power be out.
Sometime around 11, the power came back on. I reset the clock in the bedroom, blew out the candles and went to sleep.
Sometime in the night, our power went out again.
This is what I awoke to on Sunday morning:

(from bedroom window)

(from bathroom window)

During the course of Sunday, the snow sort of started to melt, but not really. I went to town to get my hair done, and was surprised that there wasn't anything near as much snow as at my place. The power continued to stay out, and the estimate was really odd.

Eventually, the hydro company told us (via electronic message) that we likely wouldn't have power until 4pm on Monday afternoon.

It snowed heavily on Sunday night.



Power was finally restored around 2pm today. Thankfully we do have that propane fireplace in the basement, but unfortunately, when we have no power, we also have no running water.
It was not a happy household this morning.

3 comments:

L. Espenmiller said...

I can't believe the snow! It's so beautiful. I know being without power and water isn't beautiful, though. I hope you and your family are keeping warm and hydrated somehow. I do appreciate the beauty, though, of your photos. Makes me miss the snow a bit... but only when there's a warm house to return to. :-)

Jori said...

Yes, the snow IS pretty... in pictures it's wonderful.
Driving in it, however is not so nice, and having to shovel it can be a drag.
Was very grateful when we had our power restored yesterday (Monday) afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the power & the water outage. The snow sure looks beautiful though.