Saturday, November 15, 2008

So relaxing

This is the first weekend since the end of September that I haven't had stuff going on. Now don't get me wrong - many of the past weekends have been a lot of fun. We got to see friends and family that we don't see very often, and we did some new things, but it just felt like we were go-go-go all the time.

Approaching this weekend, I declared "I don't care who invites us, or for what, we are doing NOTHING all weekend long."

That didn't last very long. I am so weak.

My mom's boss invited her to a Pampered Chef party this afternoon and Mom has asked me to join her. I thought, "Oh, it's a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon. I can do that. That is not a big deal."

Thursday, I got a text from a friend inviting us over for drinks on Friday night. Her hubby's birthday was on Thursday, so we knew the reason for the invite. It was a very enjoyable evening.

Also on Thursday, Jazzy's mom sent me a text asking if we could get together on Saturday night. I thought she had indicated they were coming to OUR house, and although I said that would be great, in my heart I was thinking, "Man, I don't wanna have to clean for company..." Found out last night that I mis-read the text. We are going to their house.
Whew... get to take my time on the housework this weekend!

Apparently Hubby didn't take my "We aren't doing anything" declaration to heart, either. He is off doing a computer job this morning, and is apparently helping a friend install a new window this afternoon.

*I* am sitting here, at 10:12 in the morning, still in my jammies, enjoying a leisurely coffee and quite happy to look (and feel) like a lazy slug for the next little while. Sloth may be a deadly sin, but oh, how great it can be sometimes!

The boys both have homework this weekend. The A-man was assigned an ISU (individual study unit) in his hospitality course a couple of weeks ago. They were told to work in groups of two, and given one full month to complete the assignment. To date, he and his partner have done nothing other than pick the country they are doing the assignment on. The A-man has requested he and his partner get together to work on this assignment a few times, but she has always been 'too busy' to do so. Yesterday she told him she 'might' have time after school on Monday, but she would let him know Monday morning if she was busy or not.
This is ridiculous. There is NO WAY he is going to do this entire assignment by himself and then have this girl take credit for his work. I know he hasn't done anything ON the assignment as of yet, but I am going to make sure that changes this weekend. Then, if she doesn't have time on Monday, I will be calling the teacher on Tuesday and letting her know that the A-man will be doing the ISU alone. It is called an "Individual" unit after all.

S didn't go to school yesterday - he went to a Volleyball tournament instead. I was a little hesitant about him missing a day of school for that, considering he doesn't actually play, but then when I thought about it and realized that all of the boys on the team are from his class, I also realized the class wouldn't really be doing a whole lot of 'new' stuff. He had a lot of fun at the tournament.
It's funny how an Asperger child can get so pumped about the slightest thing. He was so excited to tell me about every single person he saw that he knew at the highschool. I suddenly started hearing the names of every single student that had been in Grade 8 last year... and those that were in the same class as the A-man. I honestly don't think he realized where they all went when they left his school.

The other reason that I thought it would be good for him to go to the tournament was because it was being held at the school S will attend next year. Although he hasn't mentioned anything, I'm sure he is anxious about going to a new, larger school, and having spent some time there yesterday will have given him another opportunity to get more familiar with the school's layout and procedures. My hope it that this familiarity will help ease some of that transitional anxiety.
I think that was another factor in his excitement last night, too. He started to realize that the school really isn't as big as he was thinking.

Yesterday at work it came to light that I made a big boo boo when shipping some promotional items for my boss' conference in Spain. Apparently the items to shipped to Sapin, not Spain. I felt sick. I still feel sick when I think about it.

I called boss' partner to confess my error. He laughed and told me that he just wished his errors only cost the company $500, then suggested a stop-gag measure that will hopefully allow boss to have some of the materials by Monday. I was so relieved that he took it so well, but I still haven't talked to boss about what happened. I hope he takes it as well as his partner did.

On another work note, we are participating in a trade show next weekend. Actually working it for OUR business and for one of our clients. As I mentioned, Boss is in Spain so it will fall primarily on my shoulders to make sure all of the items we will require for the show - for both booths - make it to the city. No pressure here. I spent a lot of time yesterday coordinating the shipment/delivery of various marketing materials between the multiple areas they currently are, and making sure this, this and THAT, get picked up and delivered when and where we need it.
I'm sure it will all work out in the end; I've done this before, just never been the most experienced one in the office. My assistant and the sales rep will be there to help me, but both will be relying on me to make the final decisions on quantities, etc.
I will admit it - I'm a little freaked.

Okay... I've been a sloth for long enough now. It's almost 11... time to get motivated so do SOMETHING...

No comments: