Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Heartbreak

Well, I knew it was bound to happen, and that it really was a matter of time, but I honestly was surprised.
Lil'A "broke up" with S yesterday.

Poor wee guy... got home from school and went right in to his room. I was preparing dinner when he got here, so I went in to see what had happened. He was laying facedown on his bed, straight as an arrow, but I couldn't tell if he was crying or not. I asked what was going on, and he produced a letter from his pocket.
I remember writing those types of letters when I was 14.

Anyway, he had some quiet time in his room - both Hubby and I went and gave him hugs and told him we loved him. After a bit, he came out and went about his normal every day routine.
At some point after dinner he obviously called her and she told him that she just "liked it better when they were friends." He told her that her letter really hurt his feelings... anyway, apparently they are going to still be 'friends'.

He was fine for the rest of the night. Thankfully.
I was expecting a lot worse, truth be told.

No comments: