Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This and that

We can tell that an 'exciting' time is about to arrive.
S had two separate incidents last week at school. I got a phone call to come and get him after the first one, and the second one had a 'teacher in charge' and she just left a message on my cell phone about the incident and told me that he was bringing home a "Think Sheet."

March Break starts next week.

Hubby and I have talked to S about this, and he claims that he isn't 'excited' but I'm not so sure. On Sunday he didn't take his medication - he 'forgot' - and holy smokes! I ended up sending him to his room until he could get a handle on his actions. He stayed in there for the better part of an hour.

Yesterday when S got home from school he told me that he isn't to be our of the EA's sight for the remainder of the week. Gee, that's what I thought was the deal before...
This is a direct result of the reaction S gave on Friday at lunch time. The EA wasn't at the school and he had a sub EA. I guess she didn't see the warning signs, or she was too far away from him or something.
I'll never understand this. It is very clearly documented that S doesn't do well during unstructured time, and therefore needs extra monitoring, yet he only seems to experience issues in the yard. Well, the first incident last week was in the yard, but was over his tape recorder. He didn't want to give it up when the EA saw that he had it.
That one I didn't have an issue with - he shouldn't have taken it outside because that isn't what it is to be used for.

I never got a follow up letter or phone call, so I am thinking the school recognizes that they were partly to blame for Friday's bruhaha.

The A-man continues to grow and thrive. He is enjoying his new semester - English, Math, Civics and Religion - and although he never seems to have homework, appears to be doing well in all of his classes. Sounds like his English teacher is quite the card, and he has the same Religion teacher as last year, so those two classes are bound to be fun for him.

The A-man will be turning 16 in a few short weeks. I asked him if he wanted to have a party, and he told me that if he had a surprise party he wouldn't mind, but he didn't want to actually PLAN a party with me.
Guess I will have to contact his unofficial girlfriend to get some ideas about who to invite since I don't really know the names of his new school friends. See, he only sees them during school hours and never contacts them outside of class. He doesn't even know some of their last names, where they live, or their telephone numbers.
He is so much like his father it scares me. ;o)

Oh - quick funny to share!

This morning as S was getting out of bed, the A-man stopped at the door, looked at S (in his underwear) looked down at himself (also in similar-coloured underwear) and said,
"Oh my. I am so embarrassed! Look, we are wearing the same outfit!" Then pranced away into his room to get dressed. Such a card that boy is.

I really need to push the sleep pants on a school morning. He normally has on a robe, but for some reason today didn't. What a kid.

No comments: