Thursday, March 19, 2009

spring is in the air

It's been a while since I have posted much about day-to-day life with the boys and school, so forgive me if I ramble or repeat myself.

But first, I just have to make a comment/observation about the weather. I love Spring. The mornings are still frosty, but the majority of the snow is now gone from the yard. I can see little snow drops blomming in the front garden, and my wee daffys are poking up quite a bit in the back.
The weather has been so nice the last couple of days, I didn't even need to wear a jacket! Well, I had on a fleece sweater, but at least a 'coat' wasn't required! Even the other night, when I left the gym after 7pm, I was comfortable without my coat on!
---

Okay, now back to reality.

S has not been having very good go of things at school for the last couple of weeks. Just after my last show, I took a couple of days off work. On the Thursday afternoon, I got a phone call from the Principal - I guess there had been an incident in the school yard during the lunch recess. I was asked to come and get S from school. I did.
The next day - Friday - when I got home from work I realized I'd left my cell at home all day. There was a message on the machine from the "Teacher in Charge" about another incident S had - again at lunch time. He hit another student in the privates during this particular broohaha.
Over the weekend, Hubby and I talked to S about the severity of this particular incident and quizzed him - again - about what he was feeling and why he was having so many bad days. He claimed that he really didn't know; he didn't feel like anything was wrong.

Last week wasn't bad at the start of the week. On Wednesday S informed me that he needed to wear a tie for his Graduation pictures, so when we went to get his haircut, we picked up both a shirt and tie for him. When we got to the store, S was very angry with me because I had told him I was going to do a Facebook review. (My one stipulation to them having FB was that I was permitted - on occassion - to review their 'stuff')

He was SO angry at me, though, that I wondered if something was going on. He kept telling me that FB was personal, and that he worked hard at the games he had, etc., etc.
I wasn't interested in the games he had - I wanted to have a look at the private messages. Something told me that one - or more - of his 'friends' weren't being so nice.

Anyway, we got his new shirt and tie; I'd had enough of the glaring looks and silent treatment during the haircut, so I had read the riot act prior to the shopping portion of our excurstion. He was actually pretty excited about picking out his own tie - and was even thrilled when he realized that it was a zip-up tie so he didn't have to worry about learning how to tie it!

Thursday morning dawned, and S was pretty excited about wearing his shirt and tie to school. He'd showered the night before, and even had me 'fix' his hair for him so that he would look good in the pictures. What a sweetheart.
That afternoon, around 3:15, I get a phone call. S was aggitated to the point that the school was hesitant about the ride home. I was asked to come and get him.

Oh...time to get ready for work. Will finish this post later!

No comments: