Monday, December 15, 2008

This and that

I was very tired yesterday. For some reason, I was wide awake yesterday morning shortly after 6am. I don’t normally ‘do’ mornings very well, and the fact that I was awake and up before 7 on the morning after a party is pretty much unheard of.

By the time Hubby got up and was ready to have some coffee, I had all the dishes washed up from the night before and was working on the final floor sweep up. He was amazed.

I worked on my grandfather’s album for the full morning, and then in the early afternoon I went to lay down for a nap. I was not able to see straight, so I figured a nap was probably a good idea. I had just got up and moving again when my parents stopped in for a quick visit.

After they left and we had dinner, I spent some time wrapping Christmas presents. The A-man was busy tormenting the bejeezus out of his brother, so after a while I sent S to have a shower and the A-man to have some alone time in his room.

After I finished with some of the boxes I had been wrapping, I went in to talk to the A-man about his behaviour from the day. He was just sitting there smirking at me while I was talking to him. He seemed to find it very amusing that he was able to agitate his brother to the state he was in. The smirk was not the best face to put on when I was already upset with him. Weekend breaks from medication are no longer to be considered – he is just a total goof ball on his ‘off’ days.

I’m going to pick up a few more Christmas gifts today on my lunch break, then I am going to a funeral of a friend’s mom. She passed away very suddenly on Friday. It is never a good time to lose a parent, but this time of year just makes it that much worse. I feel for him.

I’m hoping the boys will help me with a bit of Christmas baking this week, too. We shall see what the week brings…

No comments: