Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Small school issue

Got a phone call around 1pm today. Seems S did not have a very good lunch recess. He had become extremely agitated, and tried to climb the fence that borders the school. Big no-no.

Since he is a flight risk, and we have a safe plan in effect, the Principal had to phone me and ask that someone come to pick him up. This was the first incident that S had this year. The Principal actually commented that the school has been very chaotic the last few days - always is just before Christmas break - and she appreciated that S is the type of child that doesn't do well when normal routine is interrupted. She just felt it would be more to S's benefit if he had time at home to take it easy and then she would discuss the events with him in the morning. Hubby wasn't far from the school and was able to pick him up pretty quickly.

I called home a little while ago and he seemed very calm and was able to talk to me about the events of the afternoon. I guess I will have to hope he remains calm when he realizes the Principal and I agreed that he shouldn't 'help' backstage this evening for the Christmas concert.

Given the time of year, and S's history, I really should have been expecting a call this week. Granted, this year has not been a traditional one for him, but the pre-Christmas excitement is starting to mount. One more week until Christmas Eve.

I'm very grateful that the entire situation was dealt with in such a smooth manner. Hopefully the follow up will be just as clean, clean and concise.

No comments: