Sunday, December 28, 2008

Good holidays

So far, Christmas holidays has been a good one for us.

We ended up going to visit our cleaning and her family on Christmas Eve, and then when we got home, hubby and I had finished the last of our wrapping and went off to bed. I'm pretty sure neither of the boys were really ready to go to bed at the time, but they knew they would have to go to 'sleep' in order for the gifts to all get put under the tree.

I must say, both boys did very well with the limited number of gifts that had their names on them under the tree. Boy, were they ever surprised and happy when they found the note in the tree left by 'Santa'! After all the gift opening, we went over and visited with Hubby's family. My nephews are so cute and excited about Christmas. I really miss that with our kids.

S still really wants to believe, and I think he still does to a degree, but the pre-Christmas excitement just isn't quite the same as when they were younger. He did leave out cookies and milk, though, before he went to bed. ;o)

We are visiting my brother and his family right now. It's amazing how fast a couple of days can go by... I'm really happy that my parents were able to stay for the second night. They had debated about going home this morning, but we've been able to play board games, watch the kids using some of their new games, and just have some general together time. It's been a very good Christmas all the way around. We will be heading home tomorrow... that makes me sad.

Okay, off to try my luck at the American Idol for the Wii...

No comments: